Buffalo Family Lawyers Guide Clients Through Disputes
Family Law Attorneys Assisting Buffalo-area residents with domestic legal concerns
The Law Offices of Randy S. Margulis delivers strong advocacy and caring counsel to Western New Yorkers coping with divorce, custody conflicts and potentially violent domestic disputes. As Buffalo divorce lawyers with 27 years of experience representing clients in family law cases, we understand complex legal and factual matters, even in nontraditional areas such as same-sex and military divorce. Drawing upon that knowledge, we provide comprehensive legal support for the full range of family law matters:
- Divorce — Ending a marriage can be a devastating process. While handling each aspect of your legal case in a professional manner, we are also sensitive to the emotional turmoil you face.
- Child custody — Nothing is more important than the well-being of your children when your marriage breaks up. Accordingly, disputes about children’s residency, visitation and legal authority can be the most contentious part of divorce. Our attorneys are dedicated to aggressive advocacy for the best interests of your family.
- Same-sex divorce — New York legalized same-sex marriage in 2011. It was inevitable, then, that same-sex divorces would follow. Though same-sex couples are now subject to the same laws as heterosexual couples, questions of property division and child custody can be complicated by the changes in legal status through time and in different states. We can evaluate your situation and explain how your case might proceed.
- Military divorce — Members of the U.S. Armed Forces are sometimes subject to special rules concerning divorce and other family law issues. They might also be entitled to special benefits that should be addressed during property division. We know how to deal with these matters so that your rights are not compromised.
- Spousal support — For many couples, financial support following a divorce is a crucial issue, especially in situations where only one spouse earns an income. Through spousal support, often called alimony, our attorneys can help you seek a fair result based on factors including the length of the marriage and future earning ability.
- Prenuptial agreements — Uncertainty about finances can make a bad marital situation much worse. Our attorneys can help you protect your property from the outset and ensure that both parties have a clear understanding of what will happen if the marriage does not work.
- Property division — To divide marital assets, courts employ the principle of equitable distribution. This does not necessarily mean that the split will be even. We can argue on your behalf for a resolution that takes into account all relevant factors including each partner’s contributions and future earning ability.
- High-net-worth divorce — As the value of marital property increases, so does the need for a knowledgeable, experienced matrimonial attorney. We can marshal the necessary financial experts to develop a complete accounting of what’s at stake, so that you can receive everything you’re entitled to.
- Orders of protection — Domestic violence cuts across all geographic and socioeconomic lines. Western New York is not immune to this serious problem. The Law Offices of Randy S. Margulis can help protect your rights by seeking an order of protection if you’ve been victimized. We will also defend you if you’ve been accused unfairly.
No matter which of these challenges you face, Randy Margulis will fight for your legal rights in a diligent, respectful manner.
Contact an accomplished Western New York family law attorney
The Law Offices of Randy S. Margulis represents Buffalo-area clients all types of family disputes. To schedule a meeting in our Williamsville or downtown Buffalo location, call 716-886-9600 or contact us online.